URUBAMBA RAFTING IN 2 DAYS/1NIGHT
- Activities: Rafting in Urubamba
- Duration: 2days 1 night
- Departures: Previous Booking
- Operation months: April to November
- Tour type: Adventure and Culture
- Type of service: Private-shared
The Urubamba River, is one of the best rivers in peru which rises in the Andes, south-east of Cuzco, near the border of Puno region, where it is called the Vilcanota River. At the heart of the Sacred Valley between Pisac and Ollantaytambo is called Wilcamayu (sacred river) Follows its course to the northwest before connecting the lower part of Apurimac River to finally join to Ucayali River, the river is changeable in color depending on the section of the place one of the most popular rafting sections is “Chuquicahuana” section which is the Upper part of Urubamba River where we can do up to level III with panoramic views of landscapes of the sacred valley of the Inca.
pick up at 8:00 am, after 1:30hrs of trip we will get to our private base camp (CUSIPATA) which is by the banks of the Urubamba River where we leave our luggage once we are there our professional guides will give us a briefing of how to do and provide all the proper equipment for rafting then we will be floating for about 2:30 hrs, doing level II and III , fter that we will come out to get our private minivan back to “CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, where we can have our lunch.
If you are staying for a second day you will have a comfortable thatched roof house and for the nigh plus hot tub, hammocks and excellent food.
After a relaxing Sauna and a good night’s sleep, we will continue our adventure at 8:00 a.m. , first at all we will get up for a healthy breakfast and drive to the river (CHUQUICAHUANA) river place ,there we would be going class III and IV.
After about 2 hours, we will arrive back to “CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, where you will have a good and healthy meal to finally be back to Cusco around 5:00pm.
- All rafting equipment such as helmet, life jacket, paddle, wet suit,safety kayak,etc.
- Professional English speaking (Rafting guide)
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back from the river.
- Tents with mattresses
- 2 breakfasts. 2lunches, 1dinner
- Sauna and Hot Tub
- Hot showers, bathrooms, fireplace
- we have a nice bar and hammock to chill out.
What you need to bring
- clothes to get dressed after rafting
- sandals or slippers to enter the river.
- small towel.
- Swimingsuit to wear under the wet suit.
- Positive attitude and desire.