LARES TREK 4DAYS/3NIGHTS
- Activities: Lares trek
- Duration: 4 days – 3 nights
- Departures: Previous Booking
- Months of Operation: all Year Round
- Tour type: Adventure
- Type of service: Private-shared
This adventure offers the best views of valleys, mountains and some local fauna such as llama, alpaca and foxes, it starts at 3300mts and goes up to 4450mts .
Our campsites are located precisely in different communities and valleys where you will be able to absorbe and interchange your ideas and traditions with locals and learn that way about their culture.
Day 01: Cusco – Lares-calca-Waqawasi
We will pick you up from your hotel to start our trip and head to the town of Calca (3100 m) through beautiful landscapes of the Cordillera Vilcanota and is the place where we can have our first breakfast in a beautiful local market. Then we will continue to Lares and enjoy the thermal baths just before the lunch, After that we are going to start trekking towards Waqawasi (3800 m). On the trail we will be able to see different snow capped mountains, flora and fauna of the area until reaching our first camp which will be in a really nice Andean community.
Day 02: Waqawasi – Mantanay
This day of beautiful experience because after a nutritious breakfast we will continue our trek to the highest point of the trail, which is going to be a little difficult until the pass (4450 m), from this point, the view will be amazing with snow capped peaks like Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Chicon and many other mountains that surrounds all that area. After the pass we will descend to the small like (4100m)Where we will have our second lunch, then we will continue down to our campsite Mantanay (3600) small place with some families that they still live as the inkas.
day 03: Mantanay – Yanahuara – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu
This day will be much easier than other days , we will walk through the different ecosystems and varied climate conditions until yanahuara place of our last lunch ,then we will go by minivan to ollantaytambo also called (the last living Inca city) because of streets and the perfect plan of the Incan city where we will have a short time to visit and enjoy the view of the village ,
Later on we will take the train to Aguas Calientes a place of our last night at the hotel.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Cusco
This day will be spectacular because we will know one of the wonders of the world, Early morning after our breakfast we will take bus up to the Sanctuary and have a guided tour of about 2 hours and 30 min, then will you have a free to reexplore by ourselves and finally return to Aguas Calientes to get the train back to cusco.
- Professional guide.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket one way
- Train ticket (Expedition service) from Ollanta to aguas calientes (two ways)
- bus to Cusco.
- Camping equipment: 2 people per tent with capacity of 3 people, for better comfort.
- Sleeping mat per person.
- Dining tent.
- Kitchen tent.
- Services not specified in the program, extras and tips.
- Lunch and dinner the last day.
- entrance to the hot springs
- Bus ticket one way
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Comfortable backpack for the hike, T- shirts, shorts, warm clothes and Raincoat
- Hiking boots
- Sweater or jacket
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- Camera, with extra batteries.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Snacks: energy bars, chocolates etc.
- Walking stick