INKA TRAIL 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Activities: inka trail to Machupicchu
- Duration: 4 days – 3 nights
- Departures: Previous Booking
- Months of Operation: March -January
- Tour type: Adventure
- Type of service: Private-shared
DESCRIPTION OF THE TRIP
The Inca Trail is one of the best ways to visit Machu Picchu Since it is the only trail to finish at the sanctuary ,what makes it a place of great attraction and much admired by national and foreign tourists ,where you are not going to appreciate its scenic beauty but also enjoy its typical dishes prepared by our chefs.
DAY 01: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba.
Early in the morning we will come to your respective hotel to pick you up and go to km 82 where we will have be pleasure to know our team of workers such as porters, assistants, cooks ,those who will be responsible to provide the best service ,Then we begin the walk what is quite easy in the first few kilometers, at the same time we will have a beautiful view of Mountain Veronica and the Vilcanota River until getting the archaeological site of Patallacta where we will get the history information, after that we will get lunch and continue until arriving Huayllabamba where we will have our first camp.
DAY 02: Huayllabamba – Pacaymayo
After a good breakfast we will start our hike, perhaps the most difficult because we have to climb to the top of Warmihuañusca 4,200 meters. Where we can enjoy a panoramic view of the mountains of this region and finally descent to the valley of Pacaymayo where we will have lunch and our second camp.
DAY 03: Pacaymayo – Wiñayhuayna
After a good breakfast we continue our walk to the archaeological site of Runquracay where we can enjoy a spectacular view of the mountains and valleys and the original Inca trail that many of these sections are up to 2 meters wide, then we visit beautiful Sayacmarca architectural complex to finally pass through a tunnel to reach the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca where we will start going down to the campsite through the dense vegetation of high jungle what is very rich in flora and fauna, after two hours of walking we will reach Wiñayhuayna where we spend our third camp.
DAY 04: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
After good breakfast, we will begin our trek to Machu Picchu through intipunku (Sun Gate) from where you will have a breathtaking panoramic view of the city of machupicchu after arriving we will have a guided tour of about 3 hours visiting the main sites and monuments, such as the Main Plaza, sun temple, temple of the three windows and many other attractions, later we will have a free time to re explore its surrounding areas and finally take the bus to Aguas calientes and train back to cusco.
- Transportation to km 82
- Professional guide.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Portes (to carry tents, food ,cooking equipment)
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu national park .
- Bus ticket one way
- Train ticket (Expedition service) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- bus (ollantaytambo-cusco)
- Camping equipment such as sleeping tents , dining tents and kitchen tents.
- Sleeping mat per person.
- Services not specified in the program.
- Lunch and dinner on the last day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Comfortable backpack for the hike, T- shirts, shorts, warm clothes and Raincoat
- Hiking boots
- Sweater or jacket
- Flashlight .
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Snacks such as energy bars, chocolates etc.
- Walking stick.